Monday, July 8, 2013

Weekly 3x3: 07-Jul-2013

I know, I know, I'm the worst at this. A day late again. Whatever.


Black Flag - Jealous Again EP: I'm only getting into Black Flag now (a sin, I know), and I'm digging everything from Nervous Breakdown to Damaged, but my favorite release so far has got to be Jealous Again. It's a solid mix of the punk aggression and not-Henry Rollins' voice that gets me riled up every time.

Rush - Clockwork Angels: I was jamming Rush's newest album in anticipation of seeing them this past Saturday. And while I loved this album, it was brought to even higher levels of awesome played live with a string sextet.

El-P & Killer Mike - Run the Jewels: This album is like the grindcore of hip-hop. Aggressive, loud, heavy, and before you know it, over. It only clocks in at half an hour, but both El and Mike rip out some freaking awesome lyrics over top of El's futuristic beats.

Magrudergrind - Magrudergrind: This album is what introduced me to this amazing grind/ powerviolence band. I don't jam it as often as I used to, but whenever I want to throw the fuck down, this is the first thing I go to.

Foals - Antidotes: This one is a surprise, even for me. I totally forget how it got onto my iPod, but I jammed it in the car one day, and shit, is it ever good. It's kind of a proggy, indie alt-rock sound, which I understand sounds pretentious as fuck, but I swear, it's actually pretty solid.

Big Chocolate - HiLion: Summer driving music. Especially the title track, my favorite Choco Grande song.

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist: More summer driving music. Word.

Weekend Nachos - Worthless: What's a man without a circle pit every once in a while?

The Dillinger Escape Plan - One of Us is the Killer: Mandatory (potential) AOTY jams.


That's all for now, folks!

-DG

No comments:

Post a Comment