Saturday, December 28, 2013

New Writer: Jeremy Dodge

Greetings internet folk!

I'm pleased to announce that I will be joining David in writing for Needs More Noise Gate. That brings us to the first question: who the hell am I? Existential questions aside, my name is Jeremy Dodge, I play bass in Guelph hardcore band Seducing Medusa, I formerly co-hosted the metal radio show Forever Deaf (Thursday nights on CFRU), I am a 4th year mechanical engineering student at the University of Guelph, but first and foremost I am a huge fan of music. Every second of every day I'm thinking about music (and usually air drumming along to it), so I figured writing for Needs More Noise Gate would be a good way to focus my thoughts into something productive.

While I'm fairly open minded towards all genres, I'm most likely to be writing about genres such as: mathcore, post-hardcore, alt rock, metalcore, deathcore, prog metal, prog rock, djent, hip-hop, jazz fusion, acoustic rock and bacon. Bacon isn't a genre you say? I disagree, I will listen to the sweet sound of smokey sizzles, call it music and review it.

I'm looking forward to this musical blogging adventure. My first real post (my top 10 albums of 2013) should be up tomorrow!

-JD

No comments:

Post a Comment