Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekly 3x3: 23-Jun-2013

Yeah, yeah. I know I'm a day late and it's actually the 24th today. Whatever. Fuck the police.


Weedeater - God Luck and Good Speed: More Weedeater this week. It took me a while to get into them, but I definitely love their Southern style sludge. Between God Luck and Jason, I'm going to have to go with the former, if only for the back-to-back riff fest of the title track and "Wizard Fight".

Mastodon - Crack the Skye: Well, it's my favorite album. The fact that I'm getting a Crack the Skye tattoo in a couple weeks means that I'm going to be pumping myself up by listening to this over and over.

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist: "Can't Hold Us" and "Thrift Shop" are bumpin' summer driving songs. But this whole album is wicked solid, too.

The Acacia Strain - Wormwood: Another one of my favorites, I credit this album as one of the heaviest ever recorded (alongside Dopethrone, and Nothing). It's a great album to blast on the way to work to wake yourself up by inducing non-stop rage and headbanging in any listeners.

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea: Yeah. I'm a pleb entry-level hipster. Fight me.

Lil B - God`s Father: Seriously. This mixtape is legitimately some pretty solid music. Who doesn`t love the Basedgod? #bitchmobtaskforce #tybg

Doomriders - Darkness Come Alive: After discovering this band through the awesome show Todd and the Book of Pure Evil, this album has definitely begun to enter my usual rotation of albums with its interesting blend of sludge, doom, and NWoBHM.

Weekend Nachos - Worthless: Move over Hatebreed, I've found new workout music.

Bongripper - Hippie Killer: I've always heard of this band, but only through /r/doommetal's "Heaviest Riff Ever" contest did I actually take some time to check em out. Heavy as fuck, psychedelic as fuck, and all around a sweet stoner/ doom record.

That's all for now, folks! There won't be a Weekly 3x3 next week because here in Canada we have a long weekend coming up. I'll be up in my igloo, and my moose doesn't get any wireless up there.

-DG

No comments:

Post a Comment