Monday, August 6, 2012

I Get Wet: Part 1

Like last year, I'm heading down to Toronto for Fan Expo, a big sci-fi/ horror/ comic/ gaming/ anime convention come the end of August. Again, I'll be donning a costume for the occasion, because costumes are sweet. Unfortunately, because I'm much busier this summer, I can't put as much time and effort into my costume as I did last year. Last year I went for a steampunk look with Ross. The guy on the right is someone who asked for our pictures while we were walking around.

Classy motherfuckers.
 We met cool people in sweet costumes, and we all had a blast. This year, the original plan for a costume was to get four people together and dress up as the Droogs from A Clockwork Orange. Unfortunately, only myself and my friend Tracy were interested. Since you can't only have two Droogs (you need either one person as Alex DeLarge, or four people as Alex, Pete, Georgie, and Dim), Tracy will be donning an Alex DeLarge costume and I'm going for something else.

What costume am I going for, you ask? Well, if the title of this post didn't give it away, I'm going as this guy:


Andrew motherfuckin' W.K. Shit yeah.

The basic costume is super easy to put together, as it's only white jeans, a white shirt, a wig and sneakers. Since just wearing that won't be super obvious I'm cosplaying AWK, I'm going to try my hand at making fake blood so I can imitate the album cover to I Get Wet.


I just picked up the shirt and jeans today, and I'll be going to find a wig in the coming week or so. The blood I'll either try and do myself, and if I can't, some of my friends know aspiring movie make-up artists, so I can always go to them. This is what I've got so far:

One of the only mirror pictures I will ever take of myself.
Obviously, I'm going to have to roll around in some dirt or something to get everything looking grungier. It's good to see the ball rolling on this project. If it works out, I most likely will use it as my Halloween costume as well!

That's all for now, folks! You are all beautiful people.

3 comments:

  1. That's an awesome idea!!! I liked the other costume too.

    Very fancy, sir! :{D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm super pumped for this year's Fan Expo. Have you been to any conventions before?

    ReplyDelete