Friday, October 5, 2012

Vinyl Collection: Part 1

After showing you guys my new General Surgery EP, I decided to finally start showcasing my record collection! Whenever I get a chance I'll make a post about a few albums at a time. There won't really be an order to which ones I show when, pretty much whatever I feel like at that time. Eventually I'll cover all of them. I'm also going to make posts about any new pieces I pick up.

For these posts, I'll explain anything cool about where or how I got the record and if there is anything interesting about the copy that I have. These posts will be pretty short for the most part. Cool?

Cool. Let's get to it.


First off are a triplet that I bought this summer. White Pony by Deftones, Electric Wizard's Dopethrone, and Pentagram's Day of Reckoning. The latter two are wicked doom and stoner albums. I got both of them off of a wicked metal distribution site called Hell's Headbangers. They were shipped really quickly and in great condition. Dopethrone is a double LP and is probably the heaviest sounding thing I own.

White Pony I picked up from a local used music store. It's a double LP and I picked it up in mint condition. Luckily I was able to find it immediately when I got into Deftones after seeing them at Heavy T.O.. Everything sounds brilliant with our new speaker setup, with beautifully balanced highs and mids and chest crushing bass.

By the way, my house's sound system looks like this:

Tutankhamun: Guardian of music.
So we can rock the neighborhood whenever we throw a party. Once Dopethrone gets tossed on, I'm certain Natural Resources Canada suddenly sees a 6.8 on the Richter scale originating in southern Guelph.

That's all for now, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment